Welcome to the team!

Talk about anything

Welcome to the team!

Postby valelow » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:08 am

Greetings
Hello! If you are reading this, then it means that you have joined the development team for this project. :)

Introduction
Before getting into some hardcore, life-or-death business, let's go over what this project is about. This is project is about a Role Playing Game (RPG) that will be developed. For years the lead developer of this game had always loved playing RPGs, as well making them and writing stories. About 5 years ago, he made his first official attempt at making an RPG which was pretty simple and basic, yet it was expected since it being his first RPG-making experience. With gaining experience over the years since then, using newer RPGM software and plugins, he was ready to try to make once again work on a fully-involved project. (You can find an old video of his progression in that abandoned project here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBBSd3b3MQk )

There are many stories and scenarios in RPGs that present either creativity and/or genericism. The aim of this game is to bring forth a bit of both, so to attract more of an audience who seek both innovative plots and ideas as well as universal scenes that most people like to experience and enjoy. This game will be rendered in 2D graphics, followed by animated cutscenes. The cutscenes may either be 2D/pixel animations or digitally drawn animations. This depends on the animators that we can find. The engine and software being used to create this game will be RPG Maker MV; the latest installment in the RPG Maker products.

Assets
So in this project, there are various areas you can check out which help in the development in the game. Every field in the project is just as important as the next; from character design to music and sound production to scripting- every job in this project is of important value and appreciated.

These assets include, but are not limited to the following:

Story Building - Help out creating the story or making storylines for the game. This also includes building up plots for the main storyline or plots for character-specific backstories and the like. If you're focusing on character backstories, then we encourage you to of course read up on the characters' information sheets.

Character Creation - Building a character. Give it a name, a backstory, and other fulfilling information required to create a character. The character design template can be found here (you must use the template in order to make a character): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4

Music & Sound Production - Handling the game's soundtrack could be fun, but also quite challenging. Certain sounds need to be made for certain moods in the game, so try and capture yourself in the situation given when creating a sound for any particular event in the game.

Concept & Official Artwork - The people who create characters will send their information sheet to the artists who will draw concept art and official artwork for those characters. This also includes in-game artwork such as portraits, face sets, full body images, enemies, and anything else being requested.

Pixel Art - The core graphics of this game will be made with 2D sprite artwork. Requested work may include backgrounds, tilesets, portraits, face sets, full body images, enemies, icons for items/weapons/etc., and anything else of relativity.

Animation - For the cutscenes in the game, we will want to make them into animations instead of static event scripting. It may seem like a lot to ask for, but it does however cut down on the amount of scripting needing to be done for the game. These animations could be digitally drawn or pixel animations, or 3D, or even a mixture of all of them.

Scripting & Debugging - Probably the most tedious job listed here, as this requires countless testing and back-tracking over past events that you have scripted. It's a tough job, but the benefits are quite fulfilling when you are able to finish an event. Constant checking for any bugs is also needed in order to ensure that the scripts and plugins you've implemented into the game works correctly.

Mapping & Resources - Another fun job to take on. You get the privilege of designing the maps for the game! Once you've designed a map, show it to us and we will figure out how to go about with it, if it needs any changes or not. With Mapping however, comes resource-scouting. While creating custom pixel work for some of the resources already, it should be good to find some free resources that we can use as well (which they can also serve as placeholders).

Marketing - Perhaps the simplest task out of the picks. Simply spread the word around about the game. Gets friends interested into it and so on. Advertise it on websites and off-internet locations if you can. Pretty much do anything you can to have people grab an interest to the game. The official Marketing task will be to handle the social media; so to create an account for the game on multiple social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). The game also needs to advertise it's gameplay, so suggest for Youtubers to play the game on their channels. Marketing team is also in charge of Trailer-making, which will help attract audiences. Another way is to start up a fandom, in which the Marketing team could design some "fan works" depicting events in the game to play out differently in order to suit favored pairings and so on.

Miscellaneous - If there is anything else that you'd like to help with that isn't listed in the options above (i.e. - voice acting, video editing, etc.), then let us know! We'll try to find something for you to do.

Credits & Compensation

Everyone who has contributed to this project will be credited. Although most of the team is working for free, the official artwork artists and animation crew (and perhaps some other tasks, depending solely on the individual) probably would be receiving some sort of payments simply because they're being hired for the project, yet not actually being a part of the project.

If the marketing for this game becomes very successful, then everyone in the team shall have a share of the profits, since of course you all have helped create the game.

Index
Well, thank you for reading all of the information above and once again, welcome to the team! You are appreciated and of value to us!

Here is a Directory of the project in case you are looking for anything:

Main Directory - viewforum.php?f=7
Music & Sounds - viewforum.php?f=11
Characters - viewforum.php?f=8
Enemies - viewforum.php?f=10
Story - viewforum.php?f=9
valelow
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the team!

Postby AnimalDragon » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:39 am

Hey!
This is Stormy/Rosalina here.
I'd be willing to help out on these levels:
Concept & Official Artwork - Pixel Art - Animation - Voice acting
If that can be arranged, you should have my skype to contact me c:
If you need any examples of my animation/art, here you go(youtube/deviantart)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjt_sc ... ntXUEvKkTw
http://animaldragon.deviantart.com/
AnimalDragon

Postby Belle Hawthorne » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:07 pm

Hello, I'm Belle, but you can find me on Deviant Art under the username "FionaRain."

I'm willing and able to help with music composistion, side/minor character design, and perhaps voice acting. I could also lend a hand to anyone who wants help researching details behind an idea or concept.

I do not yet have Skype, but I'm considering getting it, mostly to help with this project. Also, I've never really used a site like this, so please forgive me if it takes me a while to get the hang of the layout. ^u^
Belle Hawthorne

Postby Cookiegirl957 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Ello ello!

Cookiegirl957 here, you can call me Cookie! I hope we can all get along together!

I'm willing to help with story building, character creation, and if there is a need for backgrounds or place holder images I can do it!

Contacts:
Skype- CrystalBlade17 (girl in brown spotted jacket is profile pic)
Deviantart- http://cookiegirl957.deviantart.com/
Youtube- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo18b5 ... Tb3mo5zT2w

Fastest way to contact me is through Deviantart.
My Deviantart to contact me if needed: http://cookiegirl957.deviantart.com/
Cookiegirl957

Postby MoonfurADV » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:06 pm

I am MoonfurADV on DeviantArt, and I would be willing to help out with character creation, concept/official art and perhaps story building.

I do not have a Skype, but you can contact me through DA and this website, if you need to~ :D
MoonfurADV

Postby valelow » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:20 am

AnimalDragon wrote:Hey!
This is Stormy/Rosalina here.
I'd be willing to help out on these levels:
Concept & Official Artwork - Pixel Art - Animation - Voice acting
If that can be arranged, you should have my skype to contact me c:
If you need any examples of my animation/art, here you go(youtube/deviantart)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjt_sc ... ntXUEvKkTw
http://animaldragon.deviantart.com/

Rosa!

Belle Hawthorne wrote:Hello, I'm Belle, but you can find me on Deviant Art under the username "FionaRain."

I'm willing and able to help with music composistion, side/minor character design, and perhaps voice acting. I could also lend a hand to anyone who wants help researching details behind an idea or concept.

I do not yet have Skype, but I'm considering getting it, mostly to help with this project. Also, I've never really used a site like this, so please forgive me if it takes me a while to get the hang of the layout. ^u^

Haha yeah, takes time to get used to. :)

Cookiegirl957 wrote:Ello ello!

Cookiegirl957 here, you can call me Cookie! I hope we can all get along together!

I'm willing to help with story building, character creation, and if there is a need for backgrounds or place holder images I can do it!

Contacts:
Skype- CrystalBlade17 (girl in brown spotted jacket is profile pic)
Deviantart- http://cookiegirl957.deviantart.com/
Youtube- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo18b5 ... Tb3mo5zT2w

Fastest way to contact me is through Deviantart.

I tried adding you to the Skype group but I couldn't. :(

MoonfurADV wrote:I am MoonfurADV on DeviantArt, and I would be willing to help out with character creation, concept/official art and perhaps story building.

I do not have a Skype, but you can contact me through DA and this website, if you need to~ :D

Glad you are able to help. :) Templates are here to help you out!
valelow
Site Admin

Postby xboundlessspirit » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:41 pm

hello this is ele/isa! i am dorkageyama on deviantart!

i'd like to help with story building, character development, music & sound production, and marketing!

i'm sorry if i don't reply that quickly on this website, but if you'd like to contact me this is the link to my deviantart page! http://dorkageyama.deviantart.com/
xboundlessspirit

Postby Loki Megabyte » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:59 pm

Hello Loki Megabyte of deviant art here.(Pretty much Going by Same everywhere>_<) I can sketch traditionally color digitally and Im familiar with various rpg series.
Loki Megabyte

Postby valelow » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:33 am

xboundlessspirit wrote:hello this is ele/isa! i am dorkageyama on deviantart!

i'd like to help with story building, character development, music & sound production, and marketing!

i'm sorry if i don't reply that quickly on this website, but if you'd like to contact me this is the link to my deviantart page! http://dorkageyama.deviantart.com/

Thank you! Please post any ideas you have for the story onto the forum. :)

Loki Megabyte wrote:Hello Loki Megabyte of deviant art here.(Pretty much Going by Same everywhere>_<) I can sketch traditionally color digitally and Im familiar with various rpg series.

Glad to have you! :D
valelow
Site Admin

Postby amanahate » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:59 pm

Hey, this is InkyStardust from deviantART!! Oh my gosh, this project is so exciting, I can't wait for everything to get started!

I'm definitely willing to help out in the following areas:
Story Building - Concept & Official Artwork - Marketing; I'd probably be most comfortable in these three, but if any other places need people I'd be happy to fill in!!

If you ever need any examples of my art style, I'd be glad to send a few!
amanahate

Next

Return to Chat